Monday, September 9, 2013

Love me some peacock feathers!

I LOVE, LOVELOVE my Peacock Feather stencil by Balzer Design/Crafters Workshop! It's my go to stencil for all kinds of projects. I used the 12x12 stencil on this card.
I created this card for my mother in laws birthday.
Hope you like it!

 
To create the shimmery raised peacock feathers I mixed Liquitex Basics Iridescent Medium with Liquitex White Opaque Flakes Texture Gel and applied it though the stencil with a palette knife. It's hard to see on the photo, but it came out so beautiful! I absolutely love this look! 
After the feathers dried I applied the background color with Tim Holtz Distress Inks (Mowed Lawn, Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean, and Seedless Preserves). 
 
(Closer look at the textured feathers and iridescent flakes!)
 
I finished off the card with some black mesh ribbon and the Oh Happy Day stamp by Stampology, Autumn Leaves set. 

Thanks for looking! Hugs!

1 comment:

  1. I love your dimension on this and those lovely feathers all colored up for a special birthday wish, great card, hugs

    ReplyDelete