Sunday, September 15, 2013

Journal background using Vaseline Resist Technique

This is another journal background I completed for the mixed media resist challenge over the summer. I learned the technique of using Vaseline as a resist from Julie Fei Fan Balzer. You can watch her video demonstrating this technique here
Beware....This is a VERY messy technique, but you get a cool look on your project.



I started by covering my journal page in black gesso.

I then applied the Vaseline through my Donna Downey/Prima 12x12 Floral stencil. After I finished applying the Vaseline, I painted the page with some acrylic paint mixed with Liquitex glazing fluid. I used short strokes so the Vaseline wouldn't shift too much. Once the paint dried I wiped off the Vaseline with several TONS of baby wipes...once again, this is a very messy process! LOL
This is what you are left with! I love the look! I think I will have a hard time journaling on this page, its just to pretty :) I may have to try this on a canvas.
Thanks for looking! Have a great week friends!
Hugs!

1 comment:

  1. oh what fun, yields a great background, can see where it could be messy, lol, hugs

    ReplyDelete