Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Birthday 'Stache Bash Invites

Hi crafty peeps! I hope everyone is having a great start to the new year! 

My daughter turns 11 years old this month. I can hardly believe the teen years are almost upon us! Where does the time go?!?!?!
She decided months ago that she wanted to have a mustache themed sleepover party this year. Fun right?!?! We have a whole night of fun planned for a 'staching good time (sorry...couldn't help myself!) LOL

These are the birthday invitations I made using Angie Delarie's digi stamp set, Manlie Mustache. The link to her etsy page will be listed at the bottom of this post. Check out her stamps, they are so fun to play with!

Some of Angie's stamps come pre-colored, which normally I would never use because I LOVE to color digis myself with Copics, but for the sake of time I decided to use the pre-colored image. It helped that they were already colored the same colors my daughter selected for the party! 

My daughter wanted to help with the invites so I had her layer washi tape on the top and bottom of the card. The pink washi tapes can be found at Michael's and the black heart washi I picked up at Typo. 
After cutting out the Manlie's and extra mustaches, I inked the edges with some black Tim Holtz Distress Ink and added some Stickles to add a bit of sparkle since it IS a girls party afterall! lol
I stuck them down with some 3D adhesive squares to make the images pop a little more.


My husband thought it would be fun if the girls had to show up wearing mustaches, so I picked up these self stick 'staches from Party City. I just hope the girls remember to bring them! 

Thanks for stopping by!! Stay tuned for some more birthday 'stache crafts!!
Hugs,
Christy

You can find Angie Delarie stamps here ---->  http://www.etsy.com/shop/angiedelarie

P.S.
I just want to shout out a thank you to my big brother for taking the time to create an awesome watermark for me to use on my blog photos! I LOVE it! Thanks big brother!



2 comments:

  1. Oh wow these are just fantastic Christy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoop whoop whoop, those are the cutest ever invites, I know that it will be a fab sleep over and you will be recovering for a week, have fun, hugs

    ReplyDelete